10 Reasons Direct Mail Is a Life Hack
Is direct mail a life hack? According to LifeHack.org, the answer is yes. At least, it’s a marketing hack every company should know. Here are 10 reasons direct mail needs to be one of your marketing hacks.
- Increases branding and keeps your company top of mind.
- Is one of the most inexpensive, yet most effective marketing strategies.
- Is seen by 98% of recipients the same day it is delivered.
- Evades the spam filter.
- Can serve a variety of marketing goals, from short-term promotions (coupons, flyers) to an ongoing, more extensive customer retention strategy.
- Builds long-term customer relationships. Think birthday cards, holiday reminders, and newsletters.
- Serves as an information-gathering tool. Surveys and questionnaires are a great way to leverage direct mail.
- Is highly measurable. Think coupons, codes, and campaign-specific landing pages, as well as call tracking.
- Is highly targetable. With all the data available, direct mail can be targeted with extreme precision.
- Can be a powerful part of an integrated, cross-channel marketing campaign. According to the Direct Marketing Association, using two channels increases the customers’ value by 20-60%. Across three channels, it increases the customers’ value 60-125%.
Want more reasons to love direct mail? Give us a call.
List drawn from “The Importance of Direct Mail to Your Company’s Marketing” (LifeHack http://www.lifehack.org/articles/work/the-importance-of-direct-mail-to-your-companys-marketing.html).