Print Production Operator IIApply Now
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Department: Print Production
Reports To: Print and Bindery Manager
General purpose of Job: Operate both continuous and sheetfeed print production equipment. Impact’s print production platform includes inkjet, laser, color, black only and micr presses. Proficiency in understanding procedures, best practices and equipment capabilities, is critical in order to meet client’s quality and brand standards guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Print Production
- Follow production schedule set by Manager
- Operate all Digital\Laser Print machines, load and verify output, maintain high quality production standards, QC work that is done on your assigned shift
- Maintain printing equipment, make service calls to maintenance providers when machines are down during normal service windows, check with Manager for after hours maintenance calls, educate yourself on machine maintenance by learning from service providers about minor equipment fixes that can be made to lessen downtime, document machine downtime
- Able to perform daily maintenance to ensure color accuracy
- Schedule production stock by pulling from inventory and placing excess in overflow areas for re-inventory. Follow correct warehouse procedures for pulling inventory.
- Complete, read, and understand all associated forms of paperwork, be detail oriented, make sure all jobs have the necessary paperwork when they leave the Print Production area on your shift, document shift change over of jobs
- Correctly operate and educate yourself on necessary computer software for fulfillment of job duties
- Train new employees as needed
- Ability to operator inline quality camera and perf-ing systems
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Performance Measurement: Performance feedback will take place both verbally and written on a day-to-day as needed basis, recognition in monthly employee recognition meetings, formal training on changes in SOP as needed with a formal review by the supervisor at least annually
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED; and six to twelve months related experience or training.
Language and Math Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on -one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Often standing or walking, may climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Often lift up to 40 lbs & sometimes up to 70 lbs. Use hands to finger, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, & ability to focus.
Work near moving mechanical parts, fumes & air borne particles, risk of electrical shock, and exposure to toxic chemicals. The noise level is moderate to loud.