Bindery Operator IApply Now
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Department: Print Production
Reports To: Print and Bindery Manager
General purpose of Job: Set up, adjust and operate the following equipment: MBO and Stahl folders, Polar cutters, and auxiliary bindery equipment to complete the bindery and finishing processes. Monitor output for quality and productivity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for Bindery Production
- Follow production schedule set by Manager
- General knowledge of bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic jogging machines, stackers, collators, binding machines, folding units, cutting units etc).
- Complete, read, and understand all associated forms of paperwork, be detail oriented, make sure all jobs have the necessary paperwork when they leave the Bindery Production area on your shift, document shift changeover of jobs
- Check output for quality and make minor adjustments as required. Verify output against production sample
- Escalate difficulties to manager or on-site vendor
- Able to perform daily maintenance to ensure efficient operation and minimize downtime
- Thread forms and adjust feeds, speeds and other controls. Perform combined standard duties necessary to load material into appropriate feeding stations and process until project is completed
- Correctly operate and educate yourself on necessary computer software for fulfillment of job duties
- Train new employees as needed
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
Performance Measurement: Performance feedback will take place both verbally and written on a day-to-day as needed basis, recognition in monthly employee recognition meetings, formal training on changes in SOP as needed with a formal review by the supervisor at least annually
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED; and six to twelve months related experience or training.
Language and Math Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on -one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Often standing or walking, may climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Often lift up to 40 lbs & sometimes up to 70 lbs. Use hands to finger, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, & ability to focus.
Work near moving mechanical parts, fumes & air borne particles, risk of electrical shock, and exposure to toxic chemicals. The noise level is moderate to loud.